Modern home development has changed the face of home development worldwide, Nigeria included. Nobody is interested in building a home without using floor tiles. Tiles have phased off rugs and carpets, and few rely on them anymore. The way to go fo home builders in Nigeria is to use floor tiles.
There are many reasons for that. Floor tiles improve a home’s beauty and general appearance more than carpets and rugs. To top it off, it comes in various sizes and designs, so home builders have much to choose from today.
Today in Nigeria, tiles are used in homes, schools, offices, halls, restaurants, shops, and many more places. Interestingly, different tiles suit different spaces, affecting their prices. You cannot compare the price of bathroom tiles with marble tiles for your living room.
So, if you are going to buy tiles in Nigeria, continue reading this article to know how much you’ll buy floor tiles in the market.
Prices Of Granite Tiles In Nigeria
|Granite Tiles Types||Current Nigeria Price|
|30 x 30||5,300 – 5,500|
|40 x 40||6,400 – 6,800|
|30 x 60||5,700 – 6,000|
|60 x 60||7,700 – 8,000|
Price Of Vitrified Tiles In Nigeria
|Vitrified Tiles Types||Current Nigerian Price|
|30 x 30 pack||1,000 – 1,400|
|40 x 40 pack||1,100 – 1,500|
|30 x 60 pack||1,450 – 1,700|
Prices Of Polished Porcelain In Nigeria
|Polished Porcelain Types||Current Price In Nigeria|
|30 x 30||2,500 – 2,800|
|40 x 40||2,800 – 3,000|
Prices Of Unpolished Porcelain In Nigeria
|Unpolished Porcelain Types||Current Price In Nigeria|
|40 x 40||2,700 – 3,000|
|30 x 60||3,400 – 4,000|
Prices Of Ceramic Tiles In Nigeria
|Ceramic Tiles Types||Current Price In Nigeria|
|30 x 30 pack||1,300 – 1,500|
|40 x 40 pack||1,400 – 1,850|
Things To Consider When Choosing A Floor Tiles For Your Building Project
When you are buying tiles in general, their many things you must have at the back of your mind. They help you make a better buying decision without having regrets after. Here are some things to know before you enter the market for tiles:
- Go for hard tiles
- Avoid slippery tiles
- Buy porcelain tiles; it fits every area
- Buy bright color tiles
- Go for ceramics tiles instead of hardwood tiles
- If you want extra quality, get stone tiles
- Always buy extra tiles in case you need them
- Know your budget for tiles
- Know the tile design you want
Floor tiles are a popular flooring material in Nigeria, used in both residential and commercial buildings. There are many different types of floor tiles available in the Nigerian market, including ceramic, porcelain, terrazzo, granite, and marble tiles.
Floor Tiles In Nigeria
Ceramic tiles are the most commonly used type of floor tile in Nigeria. They are made from a mixture of clay and other materials, such as feldspar and quartz, and are fired at high temperatures to make them hard and durable. Ceramic tiles are available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and sizes, making them a versatile flooring option.
Porcelain tiles are another popular type of floor tile in Nigeria. They are similar to ceramic tiles, but are made from a finer type of clay and are fired at even higher temperatures, making them more dense and durable. Porcelain tiles are often used in high-traffic areas such as shopping malls, airports, and hospitals, as they are highly resistant to wear and tear.
Terrazzo tiles are made by mixing chips of marble, granite, or other materials with cement or resin to create a colorful, patterned surface. They are highly durable and can be used in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings.
Granite and marble tiles are natural stone tiles that are prized for their beauty and durability. They are available in a variety of colors and patterns and can be used to create a luxurious, high-end look.
Overall, floor tiles are a popular and practical flooring option in Nigeria, offering a wide range of styles and materials to choose from.
Why Should House Have Floor Tiles In Nigeria
There are several reasons why a house in Nigeria should have floor tiles, including:
- Durability: Floor tiles are highly durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, making them a practical choice for homes in Nigeria where people frequently move around. They are resistant to scratches, stains, and moisture, which makes them a long-lasting flooring option.
- Easy maintenance: Floor tiles are easy to clean and maintain, especially if they are properly installed. Most tiles only require sweeping, mopping, or occasional deep cleaning to keep them looking new.
- Aesthetics: Floor tiles come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and textures, making them a versatile choice for home decor. They can enhance the aesthetic appeal of a home and create a unique and personalized look.
- Improved indoor air quality: Unlike carpet or other flooring materials that can trap dust, dirt, and allergens, floor tiles are easy to clean and don’t accumulate allergens. This can help to improve the indoor air quality of a home, especially for people with allergies or respiratory problems.
- Resale value: A house with floor tiles typically has a higher resale value than one with other types of flooring materials. This is because floor tiles are considered a premium flooring option that adds value to a home.
Floor tiles are a practical and aesthetically pleasing flooring option that can enhance the durability, cleanliness, and value of a home in Nigeria.
Floor tiles to make any space they are put into look extremely beautiful. But, the wrong tile can make a place look unappealing. So, make the best choices when buying tiles. Know the ones that suit the different locations you want to place the tiles. That’s the only way you’ll get the best result.